Important Information related to COVID-19, as at 31/03/2020:
- Unfortunately, all face-to-face classes and activities are cancelled until further notice.
- The U3A office in Richmond is closed, as from Monday 31/03/2020. You can contact the Hawkesbury U3A admin team by email and phone. Click on the Contact Us link above for contact details.
- Some classes are continuing activities using “distance mode”, with emails, Zoom meetings, mail-outs and other techniques. This is not possible with some of the regular classes and activities. For more information, contact the U3A Office or your Tutor.
The cancellation of classes applies from Monday 16 March. This action has been taken after serious discussion because of the possible risk to our members from the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We are aware of the great enjoyment that our members get from their participation in the wide range of activities that we offer, as well as the great benefit we provide by reducing social isolation of many people in our community. However, it was decided that the risk of the illness that could spread within our vulnerable membership group was too great for us to continue our operations.
We look forward to being able to resume classes when the current situation has eased.
U3A stands for University of the Third Age. Your “third age” can be the best time of your life. The first age is childhood; the second age is the mid part of your life, usually tied up with the responsibilities of career and family; the third age is the time when you are ready and free to explore, learn and share knowledge.
So U3A is a movement of retired and semi-retired people who come together to continue their educational, social and creative interests in a friendly and informal environment – a new and informal type of university, run by local volunteers, without the pressures of formal education.
So NOW is the time for you to …
- Learn something new
- Keep an active mind and body
- Meet new friends
- Share your interests and passions with others
Hawkesbury U3A offers a diverse range of stimulating courses to members. You are sure to find something that interests you. Courses include philosophy, languages, literature and drama, travel, writing, technology, ukulele, birds, board games, ethics, tai chi, art, table tennis, bowls and many more. Explore the full list from the Courses link.
With your membership, you are able to attend as many courses as you wish. At Hawkesbury U3A, most courses run for the full year, from February to November, and you may be able to join the courses at any time. Contact the office if you have questions about this.
You may have an area of personal interest and knowledge that you would like to share with others. Think about becoming a tutor and leading your own class on their educational journey.